Monday, January 10, 2022

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, A LETTER FROM THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE

Welcome to Everything Croton--a collection of all things Croton, our history, our homes, our issues, our houses of worship--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

A LETTER FROM THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE, RE-PRINTED HERE WITH PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.

To the editor:

I have been told by the Village that they have withdrawn the notices issued to me because I displayed a political flag on my property. The Village will not be pursuing any further action. I want to thank everybody who supported me during this time.

I especially appreciate those Croton residents who disagreed with my politics but defended my right to express my view. Standing up for free speech when you disagree with the speaker is a fundamental American value. As a veteran and lifelong Croton resident, their support for my freedom of speech gives me hope for the future of our village and our nation.

Leonard Amicola,

Croton-on-Hudson

2 comments:

  1. Did Mr. Amicola have to spend any legal fees and is the taxpayer on the hook for reimbursement and countersuits?????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose the village elders finally realized that freedom of speech trumps government over reach. It was an ill conceived law that would have been overturned if litigated and the elders finally had the epiphany that they would have bankrupted the village. Hooray for Leonard!

    ReplyDelete