Sunday, January 30, 2022

AND NOW... POWER TO THE RICH PEOPLE! A LETTER FROM THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, our houses of worship--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

The following letter was published in this week’s issue of the Gazette.

To the editor:

Members of my family have called me lazy, but I prefer to think that my “composting in place” policy is due to my being environmentally conscious. I even thought about buying a rent-a-goat franchise (they really do exist), and I am still ruminating on that opportunity. So I have no problem with banning leaf blowers in Croton. Indeed I hope that the Board of Trustees soon passes a law prohibiting raking the leaves altogether.

But I do believe that the law should apply equally to wealthy people, and that is not a view traditionally shared by the people who run Croton. READ MORE HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take my chances. So will my neighbors to the left, right, and across the street. We've all agreed not to complain or rat each other out. What's good enough for everyone else is good enough for me and mine.

    ReplyDelete