President Joe Biden is reportedly “under investigation” for halting billions of dollars in payments that were set to go out to companies that were tasked with finishing President Donald Trump’s southern border wall. “Now the Government Accountability Office is launching a review to determine whether the new president broke the law by freezing the money in violation of budget rules designed to keep Congress in control of the cash flow,” Politico reported. “The probe highlights the challenge presidents have historically faced in fulfilling campaign promises that require money to be spent — or suspended — at odds with Congress’ intent.” The report comes as Biden’s border crisis has overwhelmed the U.S.-Mexico border, promoting backlash against Biden from Republicans, Democrats, and even the president of Mexico. MORE HERE.
Biden could have broken the LAW by stopping building on Trump's wall: Government investigates freezing of billions in construction funds as administration struggles to contain the border crisis
- Joe Biden immediately halted construction of the border wall on taking office
- Now the Government Accountability Office is investigating whether that's legal
- Budget rules are meant to keep Congress, not president, in control of cash flow
- CBP released photos Tuesday of children packed inside pens at the border
- The agency said it had to 'balance public transparency and accountability'
- It doubled down on its stance that 'external visitors' must not visit
- CBP has repeatedly used COVID-19 precautions as an excuse to deny access
- Biden administration officials initially toyed with the idea of allowing press
- On Monday, Jen Psaki said the White House was working to 'finalize' press trips
- This came after Rep. Henry Cuellar released photos of the facility in Donna, TX
MORE UPDATED BORDER CRISIS ARTICLES, LINKS, ASSORTED, NEWS HERE.
This post is closed to all comments. Comments and questions must be referred to the media source(s) cited.
Post a Comment