Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton -- our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools -- in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.
THE VILLAGE IS PROCEEDING ON THE GOUVEIA PROPERTY DEAL; it is on the agenda for 9/23/13 board meeting 8pm; we'll let the documents speak for themselves. Click on the scans below. If you are opposed to this, you may want to attend the meeting. To see the entire agenda http://www.crotononhudson-ny.gov/Public_Documents/CrotonHudsonNY_Calendar/S0412C647?formid=161
For more on the Gouveia property, letters, links, articles, etc., click on the link http://www.everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2013/09/gingold-gazette-letter-91913-stand-up.html
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE AN INTEREST IN JULY 2013, THE GAZETTE ARTICLE http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2013/07/gouveia-article-gazette-week-of-711.html
UPDATED: SIGN THE PETITION OPPOSING THE GOUVEIA GIFT HERE http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/oppose-the-gouveia-property?mailing_id=16369&source=s.icn.em.cr&%3Br_by=7906684&r_by=7906684
This is a BAD contract and the Village would be foolish to enter in to this contract but they are foolish and probably will sign it despite all the pitfalls:ReplyDelete
1. The $1,000,000 will be depleted in less than 20 years due to the costs of maintaining the property and the loss of tax revenue. Ms. Gouveia is in her 60s and will probably outlive the 20 year term at which time she will live free.
2. The property contains restrictive clauses that prohibit its use for commercial or residential usage which would provide income for Village taxpayers.
3. The cost of the signs to memorialize the property will be born by the Village taxpayers but Ms. Gouveia will be glad to contribute an unknown sum. She will also add some unknown comments which should be in the contract.
4. Ms. Gouveia will maintain the property as she has in the past but it is unclear what that means...the house only or the house & premises. Seems to be in conflict with item D3. Too vague.
5. Income from the million dollar trust will somehow be split between Ms. Gouveia and the Village. This is a deal breaker that only an idiot would agree to!
6. The Village can't describe what the property will be used for.
Taxpayers who oppose this dumb deal should show up at the Village Board meeting on 9/23/13 to protest! As usual, the Village Board has given taxpayers short notice, so spread the word asap.
ya gotta have friends...Delete