Friday, July 12, 2013

1970's, MARION GRAVES HONORED AT THE CROTON FREE LIBRARY

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton -- our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools -- in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

A resident was cleaning out her late aunt's apartment when she came across this clipping and sent the digital copy along to EverythingCroton for the Historical Society. She believes it is from the early 1970's; it features Marion Graves being honored at the Croton Free Library. Click on the photo. A copy has been sent to the library and the historical society.

2 comments:

  1. She was an outstanding citizen in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon this blog by accident. As a former Croton resident, I was overjoyed to find it. From time to time I look for internet items on my old town only to find some of the most awful village blogs that disparage Croton something terrible. I say to myself who would have ever in the place they show? Or would have ever LIVED there at all?

    This one though is the best, showing all the things that made Croton a great place to live and for all its problems now, still a nice place. Thank you. I was getting pretty depressed after awhile. WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE?
    Sincerely yours,
    Mary Pacquist-Leon

    ReplyDelete