Sunday, November 15, 2015

THE BLIZZARD OF 1960 IN CROTON-ON-HUDSON

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton-on-Hudson: our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, our houses of worship -- in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

And now...courtesy of the outstanding archives maintained by the volunteers of THE CROTON HISTORICAL SOCIETY, a look back at....THE BLIZZARD OF 1960 IN CROTON. Click on the scans below. 

YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: A COLD WINTER'S DAY IN CROTON 1973 http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-cold-winters-day-in-croton-1973.html

4 comments:

  1. I think we've since had worst storms than this one but froma child's perspective, it was epic. I even think we may have had TWO days off from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two days yes I remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 9 yrs old and there was a drift to the top of my mother's studio roof. I got a ladder and climbed on the roof then jumped into the drift over and over. BUT then I got stuck and couldn't climb out. My Mom came and pulled me out but I lost my boots and we couldn't find them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my boots jumping from the roof of our shed into a drift over and over. My Mom had to dig me out.

    ReplyDelete