Tuesday, January 22, 2019

ANOTHER REPORTER COMES FORWARD: I FAILED THE COVINGTON CATHOLIC TEST

Next time there’s a viral story, I’ll wait for more facts to emerge. THE ATLANTIC--

Like many people who spend too much time on Twitter, I watched with indignation Saturday morning as stories began appearing about a confrontation near the Lincoln Memorial between students from Covington Catholic High School and American Indians from the Indigenous Peoples March. The story felt personal to me; I live a few miles from the high school, and my son attends a nearby all-boys Catholic high school. I texted him right away, ready with a lesson on what the students had done wrong.  MORE HERE

and 
 
Covington Catholic and how social justice is the death of real justice.

TIANA LOWE: "I retweeted the initial narrative. I had no evidence, just an image that fit a story I've been told a thousand times before. So I shared it and baselessly smeared a child. I now know that I was wrong. I am sorry. I apologize to Nick Sandmann, and I hope that those so quick to share the initial images will now learn the truth and make their own apologies if need be."

The article, additional links and more, are available in an informative post at Croton's Tom Faranda's Folly. Read more here.

Ms. Lowe is to be commended for coming forward.

AND MORE FROM THE POST: LONGER VIDEO CASTS NEWS LIGHT--A group of high school students wearing “Make America Great Again” caps went from vilified to vindicated in the course of a weekend after a video of them apparently facing off with Native American activists in the nation’s capital went viral. https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/longer-video-casts-new-light-on-native-american-taunting-controversy/

2 comments:

  1. SUE. I know so many people who have deleted their remarks. Maybe they shouldn't have made them in the first place. Too bus bashing Catholics lately I guess to think clearly.

    ReplyDelete