Tuesday, March 29, 2016

ACTRESS PATTY DUKE HAS DIED

Hollywood legend Patty Duke -- who won an Oscar for playing Helen Keller in "The Miracle Worker" -- has died. She was 69. Duke passed away at 1:20 AM Tuesday morning. She died from sepsis due to a ruptured intestine. Read more here, includes video from THE PATTY DUKE SHOW and THE MIRACLE WORKER bit.ly/1UrxmGb 

Being from that generation, your editor will always remember her from The Patty Duke Show, an American sitcom that ran on ABC from September 18, 1963, to April 27, 1966, with reruns airing through August 31. Click on the photo.

2 comments:

  1. I can still sing that song... I had just moved to Florida from Brooklyn Heights and so I related to her so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When cousins are two of a kind. My sister loved that show and I sort of had a crush on her.

      Delete