Saturday, September 24, 2016

AN UPDATE FROM FORMER COACH DON DAUBNEY

The following letter from former Coach Don Daubney appeared in a recent edition of The Gazette...it is reprinted here by request.

To the editor,

Last Tuesday I was informed by the Croton Harmon High School athletic director that the school board at their meeting on the previous Thursday, had appointed two new teachers within the school system to share the position of boys JV basketball coach.

It is well known that I have held that position for many years, and find that decision disappointing. Be that as it may, it is their decision to make. However, considering the success of the boys CHHS basketball program over the past 30 years, and my role in that with over 460 team victories that I have coached, one might think that I could be able to help bridge the program for its new team of coaches.

I do want to thank all the people who encouraged me, wrote letters and signed a petition on my behalf. I thank you for caring enough in this matter. I am sure we all wish the teams well this coming season.

Don Daubney

1 comment: