Monday, July 25, 2011

RESOLUTION TO RESCIND AUDIO-TAPING OF WORK SESSIONS TABLED, TO BE DISCUSSED AT NEXT TELEVISED BD. OF TRUSTEES MEETING

Welcome to EverythingCroton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

As many of you know, the board of trustees was entertaining a resolution to rescind the audiotaping of board work sessions. This resolution was on tonight's work session agenda.

From Maria:

In a nutshell, I attended tonight's work session as did many many residents. Unfortunately I could not stay for the whole meeting and all the items on the agenda.

With respect to the resolution to rescind the audio-taping of work sessions, Trustee Schmidt asked why this was on the agenda, further discussion ensued, it was agreed that the public should have an opportunity to weigh in at a televised meeting, and that the resolution will instead be on the next board of trustees meeting agenda. The work session was being audio-taped and or videotaped by at least 4 residents in attendance, including myself. (I always audiotape meetings I attend.)

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR GOING! I wish I could have been at this one but I'll be at the pb meeting instead and will give you an update then on the Plotkin proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again it shows that when faced with a crowd, like the deer, like Metro Environ, they will step back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done and thank you. You guys have a stronger stomach than I even if I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there and had to smile when it was said it was too expensive to audio record work sessions. A resident had a camera on a tripod. Two residents held up their i-phones. Another had a tape recorder the size of a walkman. What a fortune! It's kind of simple. If you run on a transparency and open government ticket, the last thing you do is rescind a resolution to record. BTW Rascob said anyone can go to the work sessions and meetings that are open to the public. Uh no, sorry, some of us work two jobs to pay the taxes here, while Gouveia it seems is about to get off scot-free.

    ReplyDelete