Monday, January 28, 2013

VINTAGE CHOCOLATE, VALENTINE OR OTHERWISE...WHITMAN'S

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON. 

We were in the local Shoprite when we spotted the annual Snoopy adored Whitman's Valentine boxes of candy...and were reminded of all those ads we have in the archives for Whitman's Chocolate. Whitman's has been around a very long time...since 1842 to be exact--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitman%27s

Click on the photos...enjoy...

4 comments:

  1. Love the ads. The "ambassador" one seems to be sending a very specific message, though, even if she still has her shoes on.

    Wish Whitman's chocolate tasted better. (I used to live near the original Esther Price factory, so I'm spoiled.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you should say it. I think generational tastes change. My uncles and aunts of that generation loved Hershey's, Russell Stover and Whitman's till the day they died. On the other hand, they hated the artisan chocolates that have arisen in the last twenty years.

      Delete
    2. Oh that's true. My mother loves Russell Stover. I hate them. Once I brought home a 70% cacao artisan chocolate bar home and she hated it. I on the hand, loved it. Hey, does anyone remember Ovaltine?

      Delete
    3. Ovaltine! Is it still made?

      Delete