Friday, January 25, 2013

MORE FABULOUS VINTAGE WEBSITES, FINDS, ETC. FROM EVERYTHINGCROTON

So many wonderful things are hitting the email here at EverythingCroton! Where vintage rules--and yes, we admit it, we love those little cardboard putz houses, vintage or otherwise.

First up, some shots from Linda's amazing "Uptown Christmas Village"--all photos, all rights reserved--a collection of vintage made in Japan putz houses--and that wonderful cathedral created by Howard Lamey of littleglitterhouses.com - click on the photos - followed by a fantastic vintage Christmas tree scene from France circa 1910. Keep it coming folks! We want it all!

p.s. And for all you train lovers, look what hit the mailbox today: http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2013/01/for-train-lovers-only-2013-3.html

And on a lighter note: Dino skateboarding! http://www.toyconnect.blogspot.com/2013/01/1991-dino-skateboarding-post-cereal.html

1910 French Christmas

3 comments:

  1. I adore it all but the mountain scene is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy I was to find this site and all the great links to websites you have provided but more than that, I have the yellow house with balcony in the third photograph. It is the only cardboard house I have and I found it at a thrift store in Brooklyn for two dollars in a box of old ornaments. I always wondered about it and thanks to you guys I know more about this "putz" than I ever imagined possible. Thank you so much for helping me know more about this great hobby.Margaret L. O'Brien Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see a photo. Please consider sending one.

      Delete