Friday, July 24, 2026

A CROTON PURPLE FINCH LIVES TO TELL THE TALE

Your editor heard that familiar thump; it was a bird and window strike, a now uncommon occurrence thanks to special reflective decals purchased from Feed the Birds. Still, there's always one--it wasn't at my house, however, but at a neighbor's. This time, it was a Purple Finch (have never understood this name as the color is more red than purple but I digress).

Badly stunned with a little blood at the beak, I was certain he'd be gone within hours. I placed him in the spare cage I keep for such events, brought back out the mini heater from storage, and hoped for the best. Pulled out the numbers of some local bird re-habbers too.

Gee whattya know!  24 hours of rest and BORN FREE! Click on the photo.

See FEED THE BIRDS to learn about those these reflective window decals!



No comments:

Post a Comment