Friday, May 30, 2014

1951: CROTON MEN CROSS ICE TO SAVE STRANDED YOUTHS

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON. 

Courtesy of the outstanding archives maintained by the volunteers of The Croton Historical Society and from the GEORGE J. FERRIS collection, an amazing story from 1951: CROTON MEN CROSS ICE TO SAVE STRANDED YOUTHS - that deserved it's own post - click on the images. A lot of "old Croton" in here.

You may have also have an interest in http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-look-back-croton-all-volunteer-fire.html   


3 comments:

  1. I loved this one. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting this article...My father was Frank Risko and it brought back memories of his many experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ty Tracey Powell for showing me this story with my late father in law being one of the men that helped ..I am sure my sons Danny and Donald Anesi will be proud to hear what their grandfather did ..Peggy Imm Anesi

    ReplyDelete