Friday, August 12, 2016

A SUPERFICIAL AND INACCURATE ATTACK, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ AN IMPORTANT LETTER FROM CROTON UNITED

The following letter was published in this week’s issue of the Gazette.

To the Editor:


In last week’s paper, a letter from Dianne Dowling, the Secretary of the Croton Dems extolled the virtues of encouraging diversity in organizations as a means of bringing about innovation, creativity and compromise. On this point, I couldn’t agree more.

Ms. Dowling then goes on to warn village residents that the “all-male board” that Croton United is “offering” to the voters this year will result in a five member board whose members would “all think the same way.”  Read more here http://bit.ly/2aSKyBn

4 comments:

  1. Well said and I thank you. I don't know what to say any more. When I first read the dems letter, I kept thinking so we want to be diverse but we cant be that diverse to include qualified people like McNatty and Aarons because they are white males?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they don't want my taxes either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats really bad is that the have no idea how bad this looks to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that most of us are sophisticated enough to realize that gender qualifies you only for motherhood vs.fatherhood. But there are always people who don't think that way. We must work together to convince them that intelligent people are more desirable in office than just a person of a particular gender. I'd rather have five smart men in office than five stupid women. Is that wrong?

    And, the head of the Croton Dems is a man. Is it just coincidence that the Secretary is a woman?

    ReplyDelete