Sunday, February 12, 2012

THE VINTAGE KNITTER #8: A PETER PAN COLLAR

Welcome to EverythingCroton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON. 

CALLING ALL CROTON KNITTERS: Continuing our new series here at EverythingCroton: THE VINTAGE KNITTER! 

We got the idea when Hallie Flanagan Wolfe of hallieflanaganwolfegardens.com, recently donated a small cache of dogeared but very interesting vintage knitting and crochet magazines (and an envelope of clippings we’ve just discovered!) from the 1940's through the 1960's. Some of these patterns are simply gorgeous and others quite strange! 

In response to the requests for more vintage crochet patterns, our 8th installment is for a 1951 crocheted “Peter Pan” collar. Click on the photo for instructions and print. Thanks again Hallie! Feel free to share!

RELATED:
THE VINTAGE KNITTER #2, BABY TALK, 1944, a “1 year size” jacket and cap http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2011/11/vintage-knitter-2-baby-talk.html
THE VINTAGE KNITTER #5, MID-CENTURY “BUTTON BEAUTY” BLOUSE http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2012/01/vintage-knitter-5-mid-century-button.html
THE VINTAGE KNITTER #6, MID-CENTURY CROCHET PATTERN FOR A “TUCKED HAT” http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2012/01/vintage-knitter-6-mid-century-tucked.html

2 comments:

  1. Being the "youngest", I often got my sister's hand me down "fancy" dresses but they seldom felt hand me down thanks to my grandmother. Hems were festooned with crochet fringe, collars decorated like the one here, that sort of thing. Of course this was ALL done by grandmother. I wish I still had some of those detachable collars now and may try to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and aunt made these collars all the time for us and sometimes would thread in pearls. Like Pat, I wish I still had them.

    ReplyDelete