Saturday, July 11, 2020

NOTICE OF DEATH, TEMPLE ISRAEL OF NORTHERN WESTCHESTER, FORMER CANTOR 1995 TO 2009, STEVE SHER

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton-on-Hudson: our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, our houses of worship -- in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

NOTICE OF DEATH, TEMPLE ISRAEL, FORMER CANTOR STEVE SHER---TINW.ORG-- Steve Sher, cantor of Temple Israel from 1995 to 2009, died suddenly this week. During the years that Cantor Sher served our congregation, he touched many lives with his warmth, humor and music. We are grateful for all that he gave to our sacred community.   May his memory be a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Cantor Sher was the reason I picked up a guitar. He was a really amazing person. I was not doing well in Hebrew school, behaviorally. I decided to leave, but Cantor Sher agreed to meet with me privately and help me get to my bar-mitzvah. I still can recite his recorded verses of my Torah portion that I had on Cd. He will truly be missed. I stumbled upon this obituary on accident. The following lyrics are words I’ll never forget and I will end this comment with his words. “Take a little seed and plant it in the ground. And the seed will grow as the seasons flow, with branches all around.” Rest In Peace Cantor Sher.

    ReplyDelete