Saturday, May 18, 2019

AND NOW...WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE NEW ARTS AND HUMANITIES COUNCIL?

May 18, 2019

The following letter was published in this week’s issue of the Gazette.

To the Editor,

Since 1977, the Croton Council on the Arts has been the principal vehicle for promoting artistic expression in our village and bringing the fruits of those efforts to all of our citizens. While I am certainly not an artist myself, I have had the great pleasure of attending a good number of the exhibitions and productions of the CCOA and its numerous offspring for many years. I am sure that the overwhelming majority of Croton residents join me in appreciation of CCOA’s efforts in spreading the arts throughout our community.

Yet now, more than 40 years later, our Village Board feels compelled to create a separate Humanities and Arts Advisory Council under the direct purview of the Board. Perhaps I just don’t understand exactly what the purpose of this new entity is meant to be and how it is supposed to mesh with CCOA and other arts organizations already established in Croton.  READ MORE FROM JOEL GINGOLD HERE.

1 comment: