Sunday, November 22, 2015

HENRY HECKMANN, FORMER AUTO RACING CHAMP, OPENS NEW HARMON GARAGE - 1949

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton-on-Hudson: our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, our houses of worship -- in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

COURTESY OF THE OUTSTANDING ARCHIVES MAINTAINED BY THE VOLUNTEERS OF THE CROTON HISTORICAL SOCIETY--AND BY SPECIAL REQUEST, a look back at a special Crotonite:

HECKMAN, FORMER AUTO RACING CHAMP, OPENS NEW HARMON GARAGE - 1949

CLICK ON THE PHOTOS BELOW. Washington Engine Company is also mentioned. Heckman was also a member of the Croton Lions and Croton Rotary.

1 comment:

  1. Henry Heckman was my Grandfather. I am impressed by what I have learned about him. And, I’m quite proud to call him my Grandfather! I was only 2 years old when he passed away in 1966. RIP Grandfather; Henry.
    I love you with all of my heart! Your Granddaughter, Allison Rene’e Heckman

    ReplyDelete