Friday, July 7, 2017

CVS IS TALKIN’ TRASH IN CROTON

From the Croton United FB page:  CVS IS TALKIN' TRASH IN CROTON

As part of their “GreenTeam” efforts, our friends at CVS have been accepting plastic bags for recycling, and the popularity of the program in Croton has led CVS to add additional bins (CLICK ON THE PHOTO).

Deputy Mayor Bob Anderson is often asked about plastic bag recycling: “Rigid plastics are easy to machine sort, but plastic bags can gum up the machinery and so we have to handle them separately” he explained...READ MORE HERE http://bit.ly/2sP0bFw

2 comments:

  1. I saw this recently myself and said the program must be more successful than people think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-use most of the bags for picking up after my 4 dogs. It would start to get expensive if I had to buy plastic bags because they ones were outlawed as a very few have suggested here. But I'm glad they are being recycled for those who don't need them for their pets. Shoprite also recycles them.

    ReplyDelete