Friday, June 16, 2017

CROTON-HARMON SCHOOL DISTRICT: FUHRMAN ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Welcome to Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, our houses of worship--in short, EVERYTHING CROTON.

Dear Members of the Croton-Harmon School Community, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that after much reflection, I have decided to retire at the end of the next school year in June of 2018.

Coming to Croton-Harmon Schools as superintendent eight years ago was a dream come true. I was coming to a place that has the same values regarding education that I have: a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement; a desire to meet the needs of the whole child; a belief that excellence is measured less by test scores and more by the ability to prepare students with the necessary skills to succeed in a global society. The district vision and mission are an exact match to mine. My heart is full of a love for our children and a desire to make the best things happen for them.

I know now that it is time for a new chapter in my life.  I have four granddaughters who are full of life and who challenge everything, which I keep telling myself is exactly what we want for children. I have always given my all, and I will continue to do so during the 2017-18 school year. I look forward to continuing our work, as guided by our new five-year educational plan.  Together, we will remain focused on the children, and I am excited to be working another year with fantastic colleagues, parents, board of education members and, of course, the children. 

Sincerely, Dr. Edward R. Fuhrman, Jr.
Superintendent of Schools

No comments:

Post a Comment